Thursday, January 10, 2008

Got the job I wanted!

I started the year with a bang! I've been to 5 interviews in just 9 days I actually have another couple of interviews scheduled tomorrow and monday. I didn't pursue them anymore because after months of job hunting I got the job that I've been praying for.

I wanted to work close to home, where I could drive without going through the interstate or the belt-line tho' I still went to several interviews in the big city. Last week was a bummer, I got one call telling me that I didn't get the Plant Controller job. The head hunter has told me that I did well in the interview (they always tell you that) but apparently someone with much experience got the job. Like a true soldier I took the defeat not as a blow to my self-esteem but another challenge as I anxiously await the result of four more jobs lined-up for me.

So today the Controller from this company that interviewed me last tuesday has offered me the job. I was still in bed when I got the call this morning, when I read the caller ID I felt a sudden rush clothed all over me. I thought it could be the bad news. The initial hi, how are you? conversation start-up has gotten me excited that I could feel my adrenalin all pumped up. Then the good news, she told me that they're offering me the Accountant job. She asked if I could start this Jan. 16 but I told her that we're going to Virginia for a snow skiing trip which has been scheduled before this job search started. We then both agreed that I'l start on the 21st. She explained some more things (I was jumping with joy), told me that she emailed me the job offer for me to look at, if it's agreeable to me.

As soon as she hung up the phone I was estatic. I couldn't contain my happiness. It was a dream job especially the employment package plus the biggest bonus is that it's closer to home all back road driving. Tomorrow I'l be going to my future company to sign the offer and do the customary "drug testing". I am excited, I recognized that as a new immigrant this is now the final step of my journey.

As always, I should give credit to my husband who drove me to all these interviews without complain. Sometimes, it even intervenes with his schedule but still he patiently supported me all the way. I'l take you to dinner when I get my first pay check.

I am really thankful for this blessing from the Lord. It is a living testament that God answer prayers. God is good! I give back all the glory, honor and thanksgiving to him!

1 comment:

Pretty Life Online said...

whew! good for you girl... I wish you all the best and happiness in your new job!