Sunday, November 11, 2007

Nostalgic!


This morning, while driving the car to the mailbox suddenly there's a chistmas song over the radio "Karen Carpenter" singing Merry Christmas Darling (I don't know if that's the correct title) it just hit me. I cried unabashedly it's because this is my frist Christmas away from home. I felt lonely since Christmas is my favorite holiday of all time.


I'l miss the kids on the street caroling or all the kids on their new clothes on christmas day, all the food during "noche buena", the christmas party at work complete with the christmas presentation all preparation and endless rehearsals last year our christmas theme was Broadway and you would'nt believe how talented filipinos are, the group that won did the musical Chicago it was superb (live singing), Miss Saigon, Footloose, Les Miserables, Cats, Rent and our group did Mama Mia (I was in the chorus).


I'l also miss the family gathering, reunions & parties, endless karaoke, puto bumbong, the smell of kastanyas, holiday traffic, all the little trinkets you I received from co-workers & friends, bonus, all the good food, the ayala decors or the malls.


Oh please bear with me I'm being nostalgic again. Talked to my mother last night she told me she has already put up her christmas tree and chistmas lights outside the house, the santa sleigh has been up outside and more decors are being prepared. I miss home but I'm happy that I'm not going to miss my husband this Christmas, life is good and so is sweet Jesus.

Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

LORD MANILA STONE said...

i am also nostalgic missing the spirit of christmas in the small city where i come from, merry christmas to you glendz, may it be a season full of blessing and happiness for you and your family^^

Malditang Pinay! said...

wow i got my first christmas greetings from you salamat! pero teka muna thanksgiving daw muna sabi ng husband ko hehehehe im looking forward to the food kasi my mother-in-law is the best cook and my hsuband's family is really "big on thanksgiving so I'm excited about that! hehehehe

Les said...

Shocks!!! Ms. Glendz nakakaiyak.. Maiiwan pa naman ako dito sa Christmas kasi wala pa kong 1 year. lahat sila uuwi for christmas. Huhuhu.. Gagawa din ako ng christmas blog! hehehe Ei! kapag nakakuha ka ng video ng christmas party last year share mo sa akin ha. wala na ko nun eh..

Jazevox said...

advance merry CHRISTmas! hope u will have a meaningful celebration in a new country! been on the same boat, i miss christmases in PI..