Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Driving on my own!

Since, I got my license I am now enjoying the freedom of driving alone, not bothering my husband to take me to places I want to go to like going to town, grocery store, visiting my filipina friends. I am driving to places that four months ago I was strangely scared to even get out of the main road. So here I was on my first real driving challenge I gave myself last sunday.

I decided to attend church service alone since my husband was working that night. When I told my husband about it he was a little bit apprehensive but told me to call him immediately once I get home. I went to the 6pm service. It was raining, it was dark and I was determined to go to church. I ventured out on my own. I was somewhat nervous because this would be the first time for me to drive on a rainy night. Got to church in one piece. Darrell Mc Neil greeted me and asked if I drove myself to church alone, with pride I said yes and he said you go girl and next time I'm sure you'll be riding your husband's Harley, wow the feeling was heaven lol!

After the service, I decided to drive around town checked out the christmas decors and dropped by my filipina friend's house Jeannette's. Unfortunately, she was still at work so I decided to head home since it was still raining I carefully steered the wheel back to the house. Got home again safely.

I know I still have a long way to go as far as my driving is concern but at least little by little I get the hang of it. I know it worries my husband when I go out alone especially at night and it's raining. His paramount concern is my safety but driving solo helps me gain much needed confidence plus I'm beginning to love the liberating feeling it brings to someone who back home was even afraid to just even sit in the front passenger seat much more learn how to drive. Out here I was forced to beat my own fears because I got no choice but to make it on my own.

4 comments:

Jazevox said...

congrats :-)

LORD MANILA STONE said...

you go girl, indeed, wow naman, i am so happy for you, wish ko lang makaipon muna ako pambili ng kotse kahit second hand lang so i could start learning how to drive na, or do you think good motivation muna to learn how to drive? hihihi^^ take care sa driving as always^^

Raquel said...

Whew, enjoy the Freedom of Liberty girl. I know what you feel when you can say you are a professional driver now.

Btw, I got my driver's license after 18 months of living in the USA. We used to argue with hubby kase nasa bahay lang ako parati. But now, I can fly wherever I want, hehe.

Congrats and don't forget to buckle up.

Marie said...

congrats gurl and I am very happy for you. Finally, you can now head to your gigs without considering someone else's schedule.. hahaha.. Right now that I am frequently out from the house attending my job interviews, I even feel the need to drive...hehehe... I am planning to take the written exam next week... But, I need to go over again the DMV things because I already forgot the things that I studied 2 months ago...anyway, congratulations again!