Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Night of Social Climbing!

I hope I used and learned the basic social climbing skills from Reyna Elena. Yesterday we went to visit my husband's friend who's a doctor and lives in Greensboro, NC. Since it's an hour drive we left early so we could hit the mall and do some shopping. Got to the mall and it was packed. We checked some items and my husband said we could go back the next days so that we'll have plenty of time. It was like in and out in 30 mins lol!

Anyway when we got to the doctor's house I was really amazed not by the size of his house (which is palatial to me) but with 3 lexus cars parked in their garage. We'll he's a doctor and he could afford to drive in style. He and my husband works together and have been friends a long time. He calls my husband Capt. America or skipper which I find a little funny.
When we got inside the house and got settled in I was introduced to his kids and his wife. They're all so nice.

The plan was we are all going out to see a movie and then have dinner after. So before we left the house Doc called a restaurant and made reservation for a party of four at 8pm. We used the Doc's car which is the a brand new fully loaded Lexus. My husband asked him how much it costs, he said about $75 grand. Wheewwww it was a cool car with all the amenities like camera for backing, seat heater (it was chilly that night), navigation, blinds etc etc. I'm kinda impressed but I know I can't own a brand new fully loaded Lexus in this lifetime because I couldn't afford it or even if I win the lottery I'm not into fancy cars I'd rather have old restored cars that is if I win the lottery and that will not happen because I don't buy ticket.

It's also worth mentioning that the Doc despite his status and his money dressed in "bobo" outfit as what he and my husband call it. He got on a cheap jeans, faded shirt and his shoes was he said he bought at Walmart for $10 and borrowed a pair of colored sack from his son. I love it, it's so cool some people who don't even have the money dressed and act like they're royalty when in fact loaded with credit card debt. Hurray Doc for being just like who you are.

We then head to the movie house. Since I didn't like the movie it was forgettable I can't even remember it's title something to do with "Bartlett" whatever! Anyway, we only watched the movie to pass time since our reservation at the resto is at 8pm. We got out of the theather past 7 pm so Sasia called the restaurant and asked if we could be there earlier than 8pm and they said yes. We got to this restaurant (I don't know where) the only thing I knew was it was at Merry & Lynch building so I knew it must be high-end especially when I saw a a limo in front of it and a couple and their kids hopped in and then it sped-off. Could be all the bankers and investors make their dealings at this resto I bet. Hmmm I have a hunch this is going to be cool.

We were ushered in to the bar because we are too early for the reservation. At the bar they offered us all this drinks from expensive belgian beer to the wine. My husband tried the belgian beer and Doc and Sasia had coke while I had water. We stayed in the bar for about 30 minutes before we were called and lead to our table. It was cozy, the waiters are all in tux and we I checked the menu the cheapest entree was $38 I almost fainted but since the Dr will be paying I had steak fillet and shrimp. It was insanely delicious. From the appetizer to the main course whoohoo. The night was even capped by a nice company. Capt America and Doc had their usual funny chitchat while Sasia and I talked about something else.

After the nice meal we all head to their house. We stayed a little bit watched the movie Rush Hour which I enjoyed more than what we saw earlier. Well the night got too late Skipper and I decided to headback home in the company of our dogs and horses.

No comments: